PRL Industries, Inc. was founded by Benjamin Chase under the name of Pennsylvania Radiographic Laboratories and was first located in a rented facility in Lebanon.  Following Mr. Chase's untimely death, Pennsylvania Radiographic Laboratories was purchased by Erwin Herschkowitz in 1972.  At that time, the company employed 15 people and their primary function was to x-ray castings for foundries, but capabilities began to expand to include various forms of non-destructive testing, as well as upgrading.  The name, Pennsylvania Radiographic Laboratories, did little justice to the growing entity, so the company was renamed "PRL Industries" shortly after its relocation to larger facilities in Cornwall in 1974.

 

By the late 1970's, most of PRL's orders came from the nuclear power industry, but following the accident at TMI, PRL decided to diversify into the defense industry.  Most of PRL's defense work in the 1980's was naval-related, such as components for aircraft carriers and nuclear-powered submarines.  Unfortunately, a drastic decline in defense spending in the early to mid 1990's once again forced PRL to diversify.  Currently, the company provides castings and services for commercial markets, but has also maintained work for both the defense and nuclear industries.  PRL's customers are located throughout the United States and many of the castings supplied are in service overseas.

Please contact us if you would like more information on PRL Industries.

 

 

 

 

    

Brenner Machine Co. was originally founded and incorporated in Myerstown, Pennsylvania under the name of E. H. Myers Manufacturing co. on March 15, 1916.  On August 22, 1916, it was purchased by William H. Brenner and his son, William T.  Brenner.  It was at this time that the name was changed to Brenner Machine Co..  It was operated by the Brenner family until 1960 when it was purchased by Standard Boiler Works of Lebanon.

 

In 1969, Brenner Machine was purchased by Trionic Industries of Harrisburg.  It continued to operate at its Myerstown location until 1977 when it was purchased by its current owner PRL Industries.  In 1978, Brenner Machine was relocated to Cornwall, Pennsylvania, where it continues to operate as an independent job shop serving clients within a 100 mile radius.  Brenner's unique capabilities and core group of craftsmen enable them to work on medium to heavy components (up to 15,000 lbs.) while holding close tolerances.

Please contact us if you would like more information on Brenner Machine Co.

 

 

 

 

    

In order to diversify and to provide even more services to the metal industry, PRL, Inc. acquired Lebanon Tool Company in 1985. (It was also in this year that PRL, Inc. was set up as a separate holding company.)  Established in Lebanon in 1952 by Mr. Jack Sherman, Lebanon Tool Company was noted as "The Home of Precision" because of its close tolerance machining on smaller parts.  After being purchased, the company's name was shortened to "LTC, Inc." because the word "tool" was somewhat misleading.

 

Modern, Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) centers enable LTC to machine to a tolerance of one one hundred thousandth of an inch on small to medium sized components.  Stringent inspection procedures, such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) are implemented, as LTC provides machined parts for customers in the defense, electronics and other high technology industries.  The majority of LTC's customers are Fortune 500 companies who demand and adhere to strict quality guidelines.

Please contact us if you would like more information on LTC, Inc.

 

 

 

 

 

    

In the late 1980's PRL Industries continued to be very dependent on outside foundries for buying castings for its customers.  Unfortunately, as the market became much more competitive, the quality of these castings began to deteriorate and leadtimes lengthened.  Leaving no options, PRL, Inc. decided to open its own foundry in 1988.  This was considered a bold decision at the time, particularly since the number of foundries in the U.S. has been steadily declining.

 

In early 1989, Mr. Herschkowitz died as a result of cancer, and his daughter Janis was appointed President of PRL, Inc.  Plans for the foundry proceeded, and a building was purchased in Lebanon.  By July of 1989, Regal Cast, Inc. poured its first non-ferrous casting.  The PRL Industries Metallurgical Lab was moved to the foundry, and several months later a decision was made to increase the scope of Regal Cast to also pour ferrous castings.  Within another year, Regal Cast became the smallest and one of only 150 foundries in the world to operate an Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) vessel.  Regal Cast pours medium to large castings for customers in the defense, energy and commercial industries.  Although established to support PRL Industries, Regal Cast now has a growing base of outside customers.

Please contact us if you would like more information on Regal Cast, Inc.

 

 

 

Summary

While these companies do function independently, they also compliment each other in providing customers with finished certified components.  PRL, Inc,'s capabilities are unique, and over the years an outstanding reputation has been established for providing quality products and services.  PRL feels its biggest asset is its employees who take pride in their work and have enabled us to survive in a very competitive industry.

 

CAPABILITIES  |  ABOUT US  |  CONTACT US  |  DIRECTIONS  |  EMPLOYMENT  |  HOME

Copyright 2002 PRL, Inc. All rights reserved. Web site design by Michael A. Hartman of Page Dot Com